Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Problem with bogshops


Here is a blogshopper ranting about the problems with blogshops.



Boom boom boom, Even brighter than the moon moon moon

So... Uniqlo is in KL now. I don't really know what the fuss is all about because I went to their Singaporean outlet and didn't find anything I liked. Maybe it's because the clothes paled in comparison to the colourful, patterny, interesting and CHEAP ones I found in Bugis and that... other... mall. Takashimaya? Forgot. But yeah. Uniqlo. Hwat's the deal.

But then again I am attracted to hype so I'm going to check it out after exams. Who's coming with me.

In other news, before starting my rant, I am not personally targeting any particular blogshops with this, because this happened to me multiple times so quite a number of blogshops are to blame.

The thing is.

Why the deuce do blogshops have to put my full name on their website when I place an order for a restock? What's even worse is when they show I'm buying it in size L. Damn sad wei. All XS XS XS XS S S S M M M M M M then L. Geez.

Or like... even when I merely reserve an item and then BOW CHICKA WOW WOW my name is on the site.

Skimpy Floral Lace Dress Romper With Crochet Peter Pan collar, Beaded Mesh Waist and Wide Thigh Opening -Leeza Foo (RESERVE TEEHEE) 
http://www.thefashionpolice.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/ugly-dress.jpg
I googled ugly dress.

LAST PIECE IN NEON GREEN GRAB IT NOW!!!
*steal*

Hwat the deuce.

(err no I have never ordered, reserved or bought an article of clothing bearing that description.)

Why do you have to put my name there? It's not like you're that slipshod and like, forget who placed an order on what. That's what email history is for. Don't bloody delete the emails la. Keep tabs off line, instead of putting it up on your site for the world to see. Invasion of privacy, that is.

Cos there was once Clarissa (I think) and I were talking about online shopping and then she said "Oh yeahhh you bought that _____ dress right? Yeahhh I saw your name there."

That blogshop should have put a spoiler alert uhuk uhuk :(


That's why I don't like to shop at blogshops I'm not familiar with (although some of them do offer really good deals). The best blogshop that I have come across is Clothes For Fun. There, I've said it. Jane is the best seller I've dealt with so far, and that's not just because we are acquaintances. She is very professional with each transaction, and she's prompt. The site layout is easy to load (even on my mobile), the pictures show the clothes well (also cos she has good body proportions) and the clothes are generally not that expensive. And when I place an order for a restock she doesn't chuck my name on the site.

And like. She doesn't lie about sending out my parcel. Gosh. How many times have blogshops lied to me about sending out my parcel... If I have a dime for every time they do that.. I will have... a lot of dimes. Even famous blogshops do that okay! I mean. I may have sent out my customers' parcels two or three days late back when Tasty Cherry Chapstick was in operation, but I never lied about it. I told them my reason for the delay and thank goodness they were all very gracious about it (except one girl who had very unreasonable requirements. :/ )

CFF is one of the first two blogshops I've started shopping with, the other one is Shopaholics Unite. Ahhh memories.

I'm not being paid to say that ok. That was my personal opinion.

ANYWAY BOTTOM LINE IS don't ever put your customers' names on your site. It's just... weird.

Which brings me to another weird thing blogshops do.

Every time they write a price for some piece of clothing, they will write this:

RM58 *steal!*

or like

RM38 *super steal! crazy! insane! I'm so totally not making any profit from this because I'm such a nice person and I think you are a charity case!*

okay that last one was totally made up.

I admit, I've done that before with TCC *shy* but I don't put it for EVERY SINGLE ITEM on the site! I know your clothes are affordable, I don't need to be constantly reminded that I'm robbing you from whatever it is even though I'm paying my hard earned money for it! Or DO you want me to steal it from you? What do you want from me!?! *wails*

Steal. Peh.

Oh yes! Another thing.

I recently came across this blog that labelled ALL the dresses on their blog with this size.

UK4 - UK10

With people unfamiliar with the Topshoppy sizing, a UK4 is size XS, UK6 is S, UK8 is M, UK10 is L and so on.

Ok let me Kanye up my next sentence.

HOW IN THE WORLD CAN A DRESS FIT AN XS PERSON AND AN L PERSON?!?!?!?!


Don't give me bullshit that it's Free Size. Free Size is a UK6 - UK8. UK4 girls will have it baggy, and us UK10 girls will be under a demented illusion that we can fit into a Free Size dress *cue bursting of seams*

No matter how lycrafied a dress is, no matter how much elastic you put in that combination of polyester and cotton, a dress CANNOT fit a UK4 - UK10.

Even if the clouds part and that dress so happens to fit, the length will be different. A UK4 is usually someone who is petite.MelodyDancer is a UK4-6. I am a UK10. Even if I so happen to be skinny and can fit into her dresses, I will have to pair it with leggings.

So yeah. Don't try to do mass segmentation with this ridonkulous sizing. It pisses me off to great measure because that's how I end up with tiny dresses that look like tunics. :(

Ok next.

So today is Deepavali. Happy Deepavali all my Indian friends! If you are not Indian but are eating muruku given to you by your neighbour then Happy Deepavali to you too!! (Err yea I got super a lot of yummy muruku from my neighbour haha I so happeh)

So since everyone wants in on the firework thing (ohai Katy Perry) they're now BOOM BOOM BOOM EVEN BRIGHTER THAN THE MOON MOON MOONing now.
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001316835/article_1288349960940_0BD24C94000005DC_138156_466x310_xlarge.jpeg
I know this scene made a lot of boys happy.

And Ernie, my dog, is shivering. Shiv-freaking-ering. And lately he has developed this weird habit where when he's scared, his nose starts running. Like. It starts dripping like a leaky faucet. I'm not sure if that is related to him getting older, but it's very uncomforting to see him in this kind of situation la.

Not that I'm against people celebrating their holidays with fireworks. It's just that. I hate having to stay up so late just to wait for Ernie to fall asleep, because if I sleep before him he will scratch me to wake up and hug him. It's crazy annoying, especially when he jumps on my bed and climbs over my head. Stupid dog.

But then again there's only 6 more years of this left, give or take. That's if Ernie dies of old age.


Ok enough stupid ranting. I'll go sleep now. I have a Deepavali lunch to attend tomorrow, super happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment