Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cloned Blogshops

Here is an interesting article about CLONED blogshops.

This should add to the fraud and scam issues that face blogshop businesses.

From: http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/3552/4132/195238

Someone copied my blogshop wholesale, even my email!
STOMPer blobzz28's blogshop has apparently been cloned by another website, right down to the email address. The STOMPer was alerted to this when shoppers started asking why the prices quoted in email were different from those on the website.

In her email to STOMP:

"I run a blogshop selling handbags and accessories.

"Recently, I announced that my blogshop will be 'taking it a little slower' as I had to concentrate more on my kids.

"Over the past two days, I had about five buyers questioning why my blogshop prices were different from those I quoted. Obviously some also accused me of being dishonest (even though some of my prices were lower).

"Upon my investigation, I was shocked to realise that another blogshop had copied and pasted my blogshop's T&C, email and other relevant info onto their site.

"To make matters worse, the blogshop owner didn't even bother to change the 'drop me an email' link to her own email address! When I clicked on the link, I was emailing myself!

"Talk about being a lazy blogshop owner! How could she simply rip off my hard work and claim it as her own?

"I emailed the blogshop owner to clarify this matter. No apology at all, she thought it was pretty funny and even added that I should tell those customers that we are not the same person and to direct them to her!

"Now I have to be her free receptionist?"


No comments:

Post a Comment