Sunday, April 11, 2010

Owning a blogshop: a blogger's perspective

This post is from Sin Yee Ole blog at: http://sinyeeole.wordpress.com/2010/04/09/sick-o/

Here is the post:


Haiya I am like sick and I HATE IT. My lips turn dry very fast and that is so called a signal for me to drink water. I think I drank 3litres of water tonight already. ): Water retention Don’t come to Me tomorrow please cuz I am wearing something short haha.

So anyway, I wanted to just voice out something I have kept to myself for quite awhile. It’s about owning a blogshop.


Maybelle and I started on a random idea to open a blog shop together. I have always wanted to hold sprees when I am schooling in RP. Main objective is to kill time. Earning $$ wasn’t in my mind at all. Initially when M approached me to open a blog shop together, I wasn’t quite keen to do it because I had no confidence in making it work. However, we had the capital and time, and we love shopping so much, so why not give it a try?

The name of Neonmello grew through the word of mouth. We can have a total of 700+ mailing listees today all thanks to our friends, flea, and our hard work. I didn’t expect us to go past 20 collections and now, we’re on our 22nd. Of course every now and then there’re some hippcups. Things like

1) Annoying customers who asked a hell lot of question about a piece and decided not to buy it at the end.
2) Customers not understanding our terms and conditions well
3) Clash of taste in the type of clothes to bring in every collection
4) Which model to use, etc
5) Who’s to go collect re-stocks at our supplier’s.

6) Compromise of our school timetable for each collection. Because my school is morning till 330, i always had to partial because photoshoot timings are quite early, it’s always before 5pm. Maybelle has to skip her lessons as well.

I guess people always think that setting up a blog shop is easy because you always have blogshops like tracyeinny, bonitochico, ohsofickle in your mind.. You aspire to earn more than 1k from each collection blah blah blah. I used to have that thinking as well but not everyday is sunday uh.. hahahhaa. Now I know very well behind blogshops of my standard what’re they doing in terms of money income blah blah.

I don’t know what I just said but my point is, establishing, securing, maintaining neonmello is easy but,
making it a big name is more or less something we have yet to do now.

I guess the next step is to hold more fleas to clear our stocks in hand……. Work hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wha LAME POST. okay bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment