Thursday, January 14, 2010

Adjustment on Literature Review approach

I started to get down to doing the Literature Review by writing up a general plan and searching the online databases, using relevant keywords and phrases. 

About a week or so later, I have come to the conclusion that the literature on e-commerce and online retailing covers a lot of ground and is very diverse.  It appears in many different scholarly journals and spanning disciplines like Marketing, Business, and Information Technology.  The breadth and depth of literature in this area is indeed taxing and is making it a challenge for me to maintain order with my original  literature review plan as I have to continuously refine my search approach.

Therefore, I find that I need to make some adjustments to deal with the volume of information and to maintain order and direction.

I think that a more efficient way to tackle this problem is to identify summaries and commentaries of the literature thus far, and to work from there.  This will not only enable a more systematic search but it should also ensure that I will not miss the major works in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment